This pattern was provided by April Lowe. I will be sharing more about her in the designer showcase.
Here are the rest of our pattern instructions.
1. Using the long tail method, co 4 st
2. Knit across the top of the first ear flap
3. Using the backward loop method, co 7 st
4. Knit across the top of the second ear flap
5. Using backward loop method, co 3 st
6. Join round being careful that no stitches are twisted and work in garter stitch for 4
rows. When knitting in the round, make garter stitch by knitting one row and then
purling the next row. So for this part you will knit a round, purl a round, knit a round,
and then purl one more round.
7. Now knit every row (shows stockinette st when knitting in the round) until hat
measures 5 in from cast on edge.
8. Begin decrease sequence as follows:
1. *k5, k2tog, repeat from * to end of round
2. *k4, k2tog, repeat from * to end of round
3. *k3, k2tog, repeat from * to end of round
4. knit onto 3 dbl pointed needles as follows: needle 1; k 5st, needle 2; k 5 st, needle
3; k 6 st
5. *k2, k2tog, repeat from * to end of round
7. *k1, k2tog, repeat from * to end of round. 8 st remain.
Cut yarn, leaving 8 in tail. Thread tail onto yarn needle and pull through remaining st.
Turn hat inside out and pull yarn through center of the top hole and pull to close tightly.
Tie knot at top of hat and weave in end.
Weave in ends on ear flaps
Make 3 pom poms (approximately 2 to 3 inches) and attach to top of hat and bottom of 2
scarf ear flaps, weaving in ends. Pom pom can be left off the top of the hat if desired.
© April Lowe / Lillebarn 2007
To be used for PERSONAL USE ONLY. This pattern not to be used for resale of this
pattern or the finished knitted hat without written permission